The CSI team on TV have amazing cameras where they are able to view an image and zoom, zoom, zoom until they magically see the hidden clue/person/thing-that-solves-the-case. They download the footage, arrest the perpetrator and everyone lives happily ever after. Have a look at this for some incredible technology:
Cameras are primarily used for identification and as a deterrent. We have installed CCTV systems in homes, shops, factories, service stations, and streets (for areas within a regional council). Common motives for installing a CCTV system include:
- To watch the cash register
- Cameras to watch your home driveway, front and back doors
- On a Safe or another high risk object, such as where drugs are kept in a medical centre
- To record licence plates at a service station
- If your home or business is located remotely, or in a high crime area
- In a shop or factory where you are storing expensive items
There are different types of cameras but High Definition (HD) is now the industry standard. The video they give is clearer than the old analogue cameras. By using a recorder (known as a DVR), video is also able to be captured and recorded onto a disk or USB and given to police for supporting evidence. There are also Internet Protocol (IP) CCTV and wireless CCTV. Many of these systems can be accessed using a smart phone, tablet, and/or a humble computer.
If you are considering a CCTV system, talk to us and we’ll advise you on what system would best suit your needs.
And we can’t wait until we can do this: